Another day another bread. For today I tried a new basic sourdough, which I modified by adding Rosemary and olive oil from the sourdough school basic sourdough.
- 380g water
- 100g sourdough starter
- 100g of stoneground whole wheat flour
- 400g organic strong white flour
- 10g (1 Tbsp) salt
- 2 sprigs of Rosemary
- 2tbsp of nigella seeds
- 30grams (3 Tbsp) of olive oil
- Mix water + starter + flours in a bowl. Let it autolyse for 30 min.
- Add the salt + rosemary + nigella seeds and fold so that is just incorporated
- Fold 3 times every 30 min.
- Shape the dough and either leave it a bowl that has been well oiled or you can use a clean tea towel dusted with flour. Dust the top and cover with another tea towel that has been moisten.
- Prove in the fridge for 8-12 hours
- Bake at 220C for 1 hour, 180C for 10-15 min
I have to say this is my absolutely favourite basic sourdough work loaf recipes. Comes out airy with loads of bubbles as well as moist and springy. The crust was a bit too soft for my liking I usually quite a decent crush to it.
Rosemary can be replace with thyme or sage. I made a past for the sage and thyme with olive oil simply by using a pestle and mortar so that incorporates better.