Continuing my adventure in no knead land. I thought would the no knead method work for any sourdough recipe? Decided to put the workhorse loaf to the test.Using the same recipe proportion (cut it half to make only one loaf in case it all went belly up) but applying the no knead method. Conclusion is a most definitive yes you can!
So here is no knead workhorse bread.
- 300g White bread Flour
- 150g Whole Grain flour
- 225g Water
- 100g Starter
- 10g Salt
- In a small cup add 10g of hot water and dissolve the salt. Leave to cool.
- In a large bowl add 215g of water + the starter and mix to dissolve.
- + add the flour + the now tepid 10g salt water
- Mix until combined
- Cover with a plastic freezer bag and leave in the fridge for 20 hours.
- Scoop out your dough on a clean floured surface shape your dough. The seams bottom down, push down and rotate your shaped dough to close the seams.
- And leave the dough at room temperature for another 2 hours. Preheat the oven at 260C˚ with the Dutch Oven inside. Leave the dutch oven for a least 30 min at 260C˚.
- Slash the top and Bake at 260C˚ for about 30mins with the lid on. Take off the lid and lower the temperature to 230C˚ for another 15min.
- Take it out of the oven and let cool for an hour.
This is amazing. I don’t think I am ever kneading dough ever again. I mean look at those holes and crumbs!